Expect great variety in scenery and wildlife experiences on this knockout 1200km route. You’ll explore three different countries, taste exotic cuisine and enjoy some of Southern Africa’s best beaches.
- Tiger fishing and elephant viewing at Lake Jozini
- Seek out splashing dolphins in southern Mozambique
- Eat fresh seafood and peri-peri prawns at Ponta do Ouro and Ponta Malongane
- Find rhino and lion at Hlane Royal National Park
- Watch hippos roam the streets of St Lucia and crocodiles sunning themselves on an sunset estuary boat trip.
- Easy. Tar roads
- Daily Driving
- Day 1: Durban to Jozini, 338km
- Day 2: Jozini to Bela Vista in Mozamabique, 191km
- Day 3: Bela Vista in Mozamabique to Hlane Royal National Park in Swaziland, 137km
- Day 4: Hlane Royal National Park in Swaziland to St Lucia, 288km
- Day 5: St Lucia to Durban, 245km
Tiger fishing at Jozini, scuba diving at either Ponta do Ouro or Ponta Malongane, Rhino drive at Hlane Royal National Park, sunset boat cruise on the St Lucia Estuary,
South Africa, Swaziland and Mozambique – Bush and Beach
Our ‘wildest’ route
Love wildlife? So do we. That’s why we created a motorbike tour that embraces the best of bushveld and takes riders to find wilderness below the surface of the sea. Mozambique is a tropical heaven with wide, golden beaches, renowned scuba diving and sensational seafood. To get there, we’ll first enjoy the incredible scenery on Lake Jozini. On our way back, there’ll be wildlife waiting at the waterhole in Swaziland’s Hlane Royal National Park and lastly, a wonderland of biodiversity at St Lucia – a town that’s completely surrounded by a game reserve. Sounds pretty wild to us.
Trip Type Easy. Tar and dirt roads (weather-depending)
Location South Africa, Swaziland (The Kingdom of eSwatini) and Mozambique